Just before taking some days off, I was nominated (twice) for “Liebster Award”. I think that it’s a great iniciative to know new blogs and, so it has been a true honor. First, I’ve to thank Well-Red Mage and Chris Hodges from The Chi-Scroller for the nomination and for letting me know some new blogs, mostly gaming related. In these times where big gaming sites are becoming more clickbait oriented and less reliable, I love reading opions about games and also interesting and different takes about games. So, thank you for your work. And now, time to answer questions.
First, Well-Red Mage ones:
- DC or Marvel? (first and foremost) -> DC, because of Batman
- Favorite console? -> PS3, because it was released when I was already working so my gaming budget was a little less limited. During that generation (and also thanks to the extraordinary Xbox 360’s catalogue) 3D games really evolved, with better gameplay mechanics. And, well, I also liked having original PlayStation compatibility, never had one so I was able to play some great classics for the first time. As last point (and Xbox 360 made an excellent work with this), digital ditribution and independent games bring back old genres that I always have enjoyed.
- Favorite video game? – > Hard to say, but if I’ve to choose one, that’s Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck’s Revenge. Even if I played Amiga version (11 disk swapping inferno) always loved the world they created, the humor, the puzzles… I felt I was living that adventure. And it has one of the best (and more controversial) endings ever, already shared in my blog.
- Favorite character or franchise that needs a comeback? -> A tie between WipEout and MotorStorm. I always have enjoyed arcade racing games and this genre isn’t having its best moment.
- Favorite film? -> Another tie, Blader Runner and first two Aliens movies. They marked my tastes about action, science fiction, art design. Those films are like guides for me.
- Favorite book? -> Right now I can’t think about one.
- Favorite non-gaming pasttime? -> Hiking, love natural spaces as you can see when I make posts about landscapes in videogames.
- Favorite thing about blogging and your blogging goals? (two for the price o’ one!) -> I enjoy preparing texts (even with mistakes, English is my third language), images, videos… and putting everything together in the nicest possible way. I’m always worried about design. Goals? It’s always nice to have a lot of followers or hits, but I feel great just doing it, even if only one person reads it.
- Favorite thing you find most inspiring in life? -> People that helps other people without anything in exchange.
- What can The Well-Red Mage blog do to improve? (shameless, hehe) -> Blog is great, buy maybe I would prefer a more clear design, usually prefer white background for posts (but this is very personal and I can change my mind)
- What’s a game you think I should review? -> Don’t know… Sorry!
And now, The Chi-Scroller ones, some answers are very similar:
- What is your favorite gaming era, and why? It can either be a specific range of years, a certain console generation, or however you’d like to pinpoint it. -> I love classic games and I’ve been playing for almost 30 years, but Xbox 360 / PS3 era was great, with more refined 3D gaming gameplay, the rise of independent development bringing back old genres with some twists, digital distribution making possible little and mores risky games releases. And The Last of Us.
- What “dormant” video game franchise would you most like to see get a new installment?-> WipEout and MotorStorm.
- Describe your dream video game in ten words or less. -> No Man’s Sky (Note: when I first read about it, it was like my dreamt childhood game, we’ll soon see if it fullfils that dream)
- Gush about one specific favorite pop culture (but not game-related) thing of yours – Band, movie, TV show, author, athlete, comic book character, etc. ->
- In your ideal scenario, would your blog be your full-time, financially-supportive career, or do you prefer it as a hobby? -> Just a hobby, don’t think I’d be able to make it professional enough knowing my writing, video editing and gaming habilities.
- If you could write/could have written for any one game magazine, past or present, which one would it be/have been? -> Amiga Power, those folks were crazy.
- What is your biggest vice/worst habit/etc (that you’re comfortable discussing)? -> N/A xD
- What time of day do you feel most creative? -> Not certaing time of the day, probably while I’m talking a walk, sorrounded by silence (or de sounds of nature)
- If you had to choose one extreme temperature to live in for the rest of your life – hot or cold – which would it be, and how does it compare to where you currently live? -> I live in a not too cold, not too hot (a bit rainy) part or the world, and, for me, that’s perfect.
- Name one song, movie, video game, TV show, or book that people who know you well would be very surprised to find out that you love? -> Not sure, sorry.
- Starting the day you answer this question, you have to make a choice: For the rest of your life, you have to either a) only play new games that come out after this day, or b) only be able to play games that have come out up to this point. There’s no going back once you’ve made your choice. What do you choose? -> New ones, I would always have the memories of the games I already played.
Ok, now, here my 11 nominees. It was a bit hard, most of the blogs I follow already made “Liebster awars” posts;
- Interface Love.
- The Arcade Blogger
- My Brain on Games
- What Rhino Said
- Game I Made Girlfriend Play
- Louder Than Silver
- Gamer Crash
- Indie Gamer Chick
- Ky B. Photography
- Critical Teatime
- Counter Attack Games!
And the 11 Questions, very gaming focused, sorry for not being too original:
- Do you prefer reading gaming related non-professional blogs or big gaming sites? And why?
- More moving game you’ve ever played?
- Favorite game soundtrack?
- Do you try finishing all the games you play?
- Which movie do you think could be a perfect game adaptation?
- And which game do you think that could be a great movie?
- Do you think we spend (I included) more time discussing about games (blogs, forums, Twitter) than playing them?
- Do you like watching games related videos?
- If you watch game related videos, do you prefer them with or without voice-over or commentary?
- Confession time. Are you addicted (like me xD) to in-game Photo Modes?
- Have you ever travel to a place because you saw it on a game?
Thank you all!